Nursery Home Activities
Please share all of your adventures with us by updating Early Essence regularly.
At Hollingwood Primary School, we recognise that the best homework of all in the early years of school is family time; playing together, talking together, reading, enjoying books, resting and not being too overscheduled after school each day.
The best types of homework for young children and their parents in their first years of school include:
- Some time to relax and play and be creative at home and outside each day.
- Being read to by a parent each day for fun and relaxation and to enjoy some parent and child time.
- Reading/sharing a book from school each day.
- Limiting electronic entertainment (TV, DVDs, computer games) each day. No more than an hour 'screen time' per day.
- Avoiding having computers in bedrooms.
- Eating together as a family as often as possible without the TV on, so children are practising speaking, listening and sharing together.
- Providing lots of things at home to write, draw, create and construct with.
We do know that some parents want a little guidance as to how to enhance children's playful exploration at home. Below you will find some Helpful Hints of home activities to get you started: